A few points about salvation:
- Jesus is the narrow door.
- We must strive to enter even though salvation is a free gift. Our effort matters. We must be committed to knowing Jesus and following his teachings.
- Jesus died for everyone without exception.
- Many will try to enter and will not be able. If someone has spent their entire life living their own way, it is difficult to imagine that they will have a sudden change of mind and surrender to Jesus.
The Good News is that Jesus desires to save everyone and he has the Holy Spirit on the job already. God is simultaneously orchestrating and doing things through the Holy Spirt in order to save souls. We can get on board with that and cooperate.
Here are a couple ways we can cooperate:
- Choose the narrow door today. “I want to be a citizen of Heaven. I want to be holy. I want to be a saint and I will do whatever I can to get there.”
- Bring as many people with you as possible. The greatest way we can be assured of our own salvation is if we help someone else to find Jesus.
Today, we can begin to pray for the grace to respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. At 11:02, every day, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal names to you that you can invite to Alpha or reach too.