Position Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: June 27, 2022
Companions of the Cross is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Head Office in Ottawa, ON. Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Applicant must have strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills as well as knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing (Office 365 Suite). Proofreading experience is required. Other essentials include abilities to multi-task, prioritize, work independently, and maintain confidentiality and professionalism. Knowledge of the Companions of the Cross Community would be an asset.
Responsibilities include answering in-person queries; email and phone calls; ministering and praying with people; donor relations; maintaining electronic and paper filing systems; and other jobs as related to the position and assigned.
Applications will be accepted from June 13 to 27 and should include a cover letter, CV, and contact details for three references. Applications should be addressed to the Companions of the Cross sent to email@example.com. No phone calls please. The anticipated start date is late July.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reception and mailroom
- Minister and pray with people via phone or in person
- Answer and direct phone calls, emails, and assist visitors
- Sort mail (courier and regular)
- Package and ship boxes (books sold, internal supplies, etc.)
- Receive and input donations and payments made by phone or in person into database
- Maintain the database (contact info, subscriptions, returned mail, etc.)
- Prepare database lists for mailouts
- Order supplies (liturgical, office, etc.)
- Oversee office equipment (copier, printer, postage meter)
- Proofread major printed and online publications
- Book flights
- Support the management of the CC digital assets, including the photos collection, by reviewing, codifying, and inputting photos and recording transcripts
- Assisting co-workers in their various jobs as needed
- Other duties assigned by the General Superior
- Assisting in various events