Come and celebrate Foundation Day with us! See below for details from our locations!
But, what is Foundation Day?
Foundation day is a celebration of the third 'word', which came the first Friday of May, 1985.
The Companions of the Cross began with 4 seminarians meeting with Fr. Bob Bedard, CC for support in their vocational journey. During the early share-group days of the mid 1980's this group received 3 'words'.
- The first word was, "I want the relationships that are building among you to endure beyond ordination." (Give God Permission, 225)
- The second word was, "I want these brothers to work together after ordination." (Give God Permission, 225)
- The third word was, "I don't know what you guys are going to think about this one, but I think the Lord is saying that he wants these brothers to live together." (Give God Permission, 225-226)
We celebrate the first Friday of May as Foundation Day in recognition of the reception of the third 'word'. Everyone is invited! Bring your friends!
Friday, May 3, 2019
- 6:30pm - Outdoor Procession and Marian Consecration
- 7:00pm - Foundation Day Mass in the Main Church
- 8:00pm - Reception/Fellowship in the Church Foyer
St. Scholastica Church
8201 West Outer Drive, Detroit, MI
- 7:30pm - Mass
- Reception to follow in the parish hall
St. Mary's Church
100 Young Street, Ottawa, ON
Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 7:00pm - Mass
- Reception and fellowship to follow
St. John Vianney Church
4 Beaver Bank Road, Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia