This week’s Gospel is:
- A narration – It is the story of a real event that happened 2000 years ago. It is sacred history. We are called to recount this historical event and ponder it.
- A revelation – In the Gospel, we are to see a revelation of God. Through the passion, God is revealing his saving love for humanity and his personal love for us personally.
- An Invitation – The passion narrative invites us to:
- a deeper faith and trust in the Lord,
- to receive this demonstration of God’s love for us,
- and, to follow the Lord.