Employment Opportunity- Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: June 17, 2019
The Companions of the Cross are seeking an administrative assistant in our Head Office. This is a permanent position, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
This position reports to the Office Manager. Applicant must have strong communication, organizational, administrative, editing and word processing skills. Other essentials include abilities to multi-task, prioritize, work independently, and maintain confidentiality and professionalism. Knowledge of the Companions of the Cross Community would be an asset.
Responsibilities include answering in-person queries, email and phone calls; ministering and praying with people; donor relations; maintaining electronic and paper filing systems; and other jobs as related to the position and assigned by the Office Manager.
Applications will be accepted from May 28th to June 17th and should include a cover letter, CV, and contact details for three references. Applications should be addressed to the Companions of the Cross c/o Fr Allan MacDonald and sent to email@example.com, or fax 613-725-1590. No phone calls please. The anticipated start date is ASAP.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reception & mailroom
- minister and pray with people via phone or in person
- answer and/or direct phone calls, emails, faxes, and assist visitors
- sort mail (courier and regular)
- package and ship boxes (books sold, internal supplies, etc.)
- receive and input donations and payments made by phone or in person into database
- Maintain the database (contact info, subscriptions, returned mail, etc.)
- Prepare database lists for mailouts
- order supplies (liturgical, office, cleaning, etc.)
- oversee office equipment - copier, printer, postage meter, folding machine
- occasional editing and transcription
- booking flights
- Assisting co-workers in their various jobs as needed