What is the Daniel fast? Refer to Daniel 1.
Scriptures don't provide details of what you can or cannot eat; that is for you to decide. You need to come up with your own version of the Daniel fast, based on the scripture. Here are some things we do know about what they were eating:
- They didn't drink wine.
- They did drink water.
- They were eating vegetables.
Scripture tells us of four effects the Daniel fast had on Daniel, Hannaniah, Mishael, and Azariah:
- The four boys looked better.
- They were still physically strong.
- They did very well with their studies and learning.
- Daniel had a spiritual clarity from doing this fast.