Are we going to open the door to Christ this Advent in preparation for Christmas?
In Advent we celebrate the coming of Jesus in 3 ways.
- We celebrate the coming of Jesus as a little baby in Bethlehem.
- We celebrate Jesus coming again in Glory to reign as King.
- We celebrate Jesus coming into our lives.
“The more we put into Advent the more we will get out of it at Christmas time. Our Christmas is just way better.”
Make Christ the centre of your advent. Here are 3 suggestions:
- Take extra time praying with the Christmas readings this Advent, especially focusing on the journey towards Bethlehem, Mary's yes to God, John the Baptist's proclamation, and the story of Zechariah. Pray through these readings before Christmas so we get more out of them when Christmas comes.
- Go to confession. Let's give our sins to God.
- Do simple acts of love and kindness.