From the wounds of Christ we receive tremendous mercy.
- Right hand – We seek mercy for all our disobedience and self-will. In this wound we pray for the grace to stay on the narrow road, even if it means suffering, and to maintain our integrity.
- Left Hand – We seek mercy for our selfishness and self interest. Pray for the grace to regard others as more important than yourself.
- Right foot – We seek mercy for all our infidelities and our inconsistencies. We beg for the grace of faithfulness.
- Left foot – We seek mercy for our spiritual laziness and procrastination.
- Wounded side – We seek mercy for giving in to all the desires of the flesh.
If we are open to receiving his mercy he will grant it. He is faithful. Never forget the origins of the mercy that is being given to us.