Five reasons why the Canadian wilderness, in the winter, is one of your best options for a retreat.
- Silence – There is a silence that is unparalleled in the winter.
- Solitude – It’s low season, quiet season. There is little activity.
- Beauty – The beauty of the winter is exquisite. However, it is reserved or those who are willing to leave their comfort zone.
- Wood stove – If you go on a wilderness retreat it’s likely that you’ll be in a place with a wood stove. You must keep the fire burning to stay alive. It’s your job to keep the fire burning. It is a perfect analogy for the spiritual life. We must keep the fire of God’s love burning in your heart.
- Fewer Distractions – There is a stillness in the winter that is unique.