Director of Mission Advancement
Companions of the Cross Head Office in Ottawa, ON
The General Superior and the Executive Council of the Companions of the Cross.
January 9, 2017
The Companions of the Cross (CC) is a Roman Catholic community of priests, committed to living and ministering together as brothers in the Lord. We are called to the ongoing renewal of the Church through its dynamic evangelization in the wisdom and power of the Holy Spirit. We proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to all we are called to serve, with special attention to parish communities, the poor, youth and those alienated from the Church.
There are two separately incorporated entities (one in Canada and the other in the United States) which are funded directly through efforts of the Canadian office. The Director raises funds for the Companions of the Cross through initiatives such as direct mail, major gifts, planned giving, and special projects/events.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute all annual giving revenue programs and initiatives
- Direct and manage all aspects of individual giving program for donors
- Develop and execute an annual online fundraising strategy
- Steward current donors and identify prospective donors
- Create development-related communication pieces, such as direct mail letters, gift acknowledgement letters, donor updates
- Manage planned giving and major gift relationships
- Information management including data entry and retrieval
- Work with CC Communications team to develop, plan and execute stewardship strategies
- Provide up to date reports and analysis of results
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in a non-profit fundraising environment or closely related area in the public or private sector
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Creative thinker and fast learner
- Can deal with confidential tasks with total discretion
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and make recommendations for improvement
- Able to work as part of a team and on various tasks simultaneously
- Highly motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates time-management, analytical and research skills
- Flexibility with changing priorities while remaining focused to meet targeted timelines
- Leads others by example while developing strong relationships across the organization to achieve strategic objectives
- Experience using databases and/or willingness to learn how to use Income Manager and eTapestry
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Mail Merge)
A successful hire must provide an up to date criminal record check before commencing employment.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please forward C.V. with three references to Fr. Allan MacDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12:00pm, Monday, Jan 9, 2017. No phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.