Romans 8:13 "For if you live according to the flesh, you will die, but if by the spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live."
- The devil wants to enslave us.
- He wants to enslave us at the level of the flesh. He wants us to become physiologically enslaved.
- However, we physiologically develop, we adapt. Our physiological make-up is malleable.
- We can become virtuous in the flesh. We can become physiologically virtuous.
- This is what the Lord wants us to work towards. Through repetition, discipline, and habituation, he wants us to be physiologically free and tend toward what is good, healthy, and holy.
This is the goal, to achieve freedom, even at the physiological level. Be free, even at the level of the flesh.